This Candy Potato Breakfast Hash is a nourishing meal that’s simple to make and stuffed with nutritious elements to gas your physique. It has every part you should begin your day without work with nice power for no matter you’ve got deliberate, and it makes a wonderful brunch or dinner possibility, too!
Typically being constant with wholesome consuming can really feel like an actual problem. Whether or not it’s lack of inspiration or lack of time that’s the problem, this recipe will get you excited to make it, and eat it! You possibly can even prep the veggies forward of time and simply add the eggs within the morning, making it handy and simple.
In search of extra enjoyable and simple recipe concepts? You possibly can all the time save time and benefit from the comfort of getting every part all mapped out for you with one of my done for you meal plans.
For this recipe, I used candy potatoes as the bottom since they’re a fiber-rich carbohydrate (what we name a “complicated carbohydrate”), which digest extra slowly, serving to you are feeling full longer and keep away from cravings (1). Candy potatoes are additionally an incredible supply of Vitamin C and beta-carotene (2), which has been proven to enhance the looks of your pores and skin, hold your immune system sturdy and promote good eye well being (3).
Eggs are an entire protein supply (the 9 important amino acids your physique can’t make by itself) and are extremely bioavailable – which means the protein is effectively metabolized, absorbed and utilized by your physique. The egg yolk accommodates ALL the nutritional vitamins, aside from Vitamin C (4) which you’re getting in abundance from the candy potatoes, so your bases are lined!
Including darkish, leafy greens ensures your physique will get one other nice fiber supply and quite a lot of micronutrients, like carotenoids, (that are highly effective antioxidants which have been proven to assist cut back the danger of illnesses like most cancers) (5), whereas additionally selling cardiovascular well being and supporting your immune system (6).
All of those wholesome elements come collectively to create a very superb fast and simple one-pan meal that’s good anytime of the day! Take pleasure in!
Candy Potato Breakfast Hash
Yield: 2 servings
You will have: giant skillet with lid, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, chopping board and knife
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup purple bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups candy potato, peeled and diced into 1/2 “ cubes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup darkish leafy greens (spinach, kale, chard, and so on.)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 T inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and coat it with oil.
- Add the diced onions and peppers to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss within the candy potatoes and season with cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Cowl and prepare dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, stirring sometimes.
- Take away the lid and add the kale. Cook dinner for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, till kale has wilted.
- Utilizing a spatula, make 4 holes within the hash, and crack an egg into every gap. Cowl and prepare dinner the eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper, and high with chopped inexperienced onions and sliced avocado.
Let me know when you make this recipe and the way you appreciated it – I like listening to from you!
In search of extra wholesome recipe choices?
The 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan consists of all of the recipes and grocery lists for breakfasts, smoothies, sides, snacks and entrees for 4 full weeks – with loads of scrumptious choices and construction that will help you eat proper for YOUR life!
Check out everything included in the 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan right here, and let me make your life easier!
- Mei, Xin et al. “Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 styles of candy potato by a sieving technique.” Journal of Agricultural and Meals Chemistry. June 2010. Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20509611/
- Rautenbach, Fanie et al. “Antioxidant capability and antioxidant content material in roots of 4 candy potato varieties.” Journal of Meals Science. June 2010. Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20629859/
- Wu, Juan et al. “Intakes of Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Different Carotenoids and Age-Associated Macular Degeneration Throughout 2 Many years of Potential Comply with-up.” JAMA ophthalmology vol. 133,12 (2015): 1415-24. doi:10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2015.3590 Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5119484/
- Réhault-Godbert, Sophie et al. “The Golden Egg: Dietary Worth, Bioactivities, and Rising Advantages for Human Well being.” Vitamins. March 2019. Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6470839/
- Krinsky, Norman I, and Elizabeth J Johnson. “Carotenoid actions and their relation to well being and illness.” Molecular elements of drugs vol. 26,6 (2005): 459-516. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2005.10.001 Net. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16309738/
- Brouwer-Brolsma, Elske M. et al. “Meals consumption biomarkers for inexperienced leafy greens, bulb greens, and stem greens: a evaluate.” Genes & Vitamin. April 2020. Net. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7144047/