This free exercise library from Precision Vitamin comprises males’s and ladies’s variations of over 400 train movies.
It’s designed to be a useful resource for private trainers and power coaches who present distant or on-line exercise teaching. But it surely’s additionally freely obtainable to anybody else who may profit.
Each train video is filmed from a number of angles and gives efficiency pointers by audio narration and textual content overlays.
Plus, every video highlights frequent motion flaws to keep away from throughout every stage of the train.
And it’s all organized right into a searchable, filterable spreadsheet that means that you can copy and paste video hyperlinks—and accompanying textual content train cues—proper into your personal materials.
Private trainers and power coaches can use this video exercise library to:
- Embody high-quality train demonstrations in your exercise packages—with out having to look the web or create your personal movies
- Ship shoppers fast and dependable hyperlinks to any train they might have questions on
- Present shoppers with progressions, regressions, or modifications for widespread workouts
And completely anybody can use this PN video library for knowledgeable instruction on the right way to carry out a whole bunch of workouts safely.
As a bonus, we’ve additionally included a 14-day at-home workout program, to spotlight how we use these actions in our Precision Vitamin packages. Be happy to obtain it for your self, or share it with your pals, members of the family, or shoppers.
To get probably the most out of this video train library, preserve studying. However for those who’re prepared to leap proper to assets, you may click on the hyperlinks under.
Learn how to use this video train library
The workouts on this video library are grouped within the downloadable spreadsheet in two alternative ways:
1. By motion sample. You may seek for any train by class. For instance, for those who’re on the lookout for a regression or development for a goblet squat, you may search by different squat sample actions to search out body weight, dumbbell, and barbell squat variations.
2. By title, alphabetically. We’ve additionally included an alphabetical checklist of each train within the video library. Plus, you may at all times do a easy key phrase search throughout the spreadsheet to search out the train you’re on the lookout for.
Train ideas for on-line teaching
It’s possible you’ll have already got an efficient system for choosing the proper workouts to your on-line shoppers. But when not, take into account the recommendation that follows.
When choosing workouts for on-line or distant shoppers, it’s vital to acknowledge this:
The workouts you often prescribe to in-person shoppers may not be acceptable to your on-line shoppers.
The rationale: In comparison with in-person teaching, your understanding of your shoppers’ motion expertise—and your potential to reinforce these expertise by teaching—could range considerably alongside a continuum.
As an example, you might have a spread of on-line shoppers that embrace:
A. Individuals you additionally work with in-person.
- You understand how effectively they transfer and which actions they’re expert in.
- You understand how effectively they self-monitor their motion high quality.
- You understand how effectively they tempo themselves.
B. Individuals you’ve by no means met in particular person… however you’ve carried out a radical on-line motion evaluation and gotten to know them.
- You could have a superb grasp of their bodily capabilities.
- They often ship you motion movies for suggestions.
- They pay shut consideration to their type whereas exercising.
C. Individuals you don’t know effectively… and with whom you hardly ever correspond.
- You principally ship them exercises and diet materials.
- You briefly verify in with one another a few times a month.
- They informed you they’ve labored out on and off for a very long time, however you’re unsure what that actually means.
Relying on the place shoppers are on this continuum, the next ideas apply to a point.
1. There gained’t be a right away suggestions loop.
Train is a type of talent growth.
Exercises metabolically and neurologically problem motor patterns. This, in flip, elicits the coaching results that develop athletic expertise and produce outcomes.
The event of any talent requires that you simply begin with a psychological mannequin of what “good” is. As an example, ask your self: What does a “good” squat or “good” pushup appear to be?
The objective is to then apply that psychological mannequin on the fringe of your potential. Instance: doing a squat for as many reps as you may with “good” type. (As soon as your type begins to interrupt down, you’ve exceeded the sting of your potential.)
Over time, the metabolic, structural, and neural challenges of this exercise drive the coaching results we’re all acquainted with:
- stronger muscle tissue
- higher coordination
- much less physique fats
Alongside the best way, the standard of the motion sample you apply—that’s, how “good” your psychological mannequin is—impacts the standard of these outcomes. This additionally performs an enormous position in your long-term resiliency and damage threat.
So how do you enhance and strengthen the standard of that motion sample? By making and correcting small errors on the fringe of your potential.
And the power to do that? It is determined by a suggestions loop: a continuing comparability of what you wished to do, what you did, and the way you are able to do it higher the subsequent time.
With in-person coaching, that suggestions loop can come instantly and repeatedly from an knowledgeable coach.
As an example, after watching a consumer squat, you may say:
“Hey, on that final set of squats you began to raise your heels a bit and shift stress extra into your knees and decrease again. Subsequent time, let’s mentally deal with maintaining your heels rooted into the bottom once you’re underneath fatigue. Or we will regulate the load or reps to maintain you in a high quality sample.”
In on-line teaching, although, that suggestions loop can solely come from the consumer. The apparent downside: It’s very tough for individuals to self-monitor refined shifts in motion high quality whereas understanding.
Which means that small errors—and generally large ones—can proceed unchecked for a very long time. That slows down talent acquisition, and thus, progress. Worse, it could possibly result in motion dysfunction and irritating accidents.
This brings us to level #2.
2. It’s vital to depend on “high-fidelity” workouts.
Clearly, lack of speedy suggestions is a problem for on-line teaching.
However there’s a wise approach to account for this: Modify your train choice to favor “high-fidelity” actions.
These are workouts which might be more likely to be executed accurately with out suggestions and whereas underneath fatigue.
Consider two variables when selecting an train:
- The specified motion sample (for instance, a squat sample)
- The loading essential to get the specified coaching impact (for this particular consumer, at this specific spot of their exercise, and at this level of their general coaching program)
From right here, select the train with the best chance of being executed safely and accurately… with out suggestions… whereas underneath stress and fatigue… and whereas nonetheless assembly circumstances 1 and a couple of.
That’s a mouthful, we all know. However the level: Contemplating every of those components will provide help to select one of the best workouts for every consumer.
And preserve thoughts: A high-fidelity train for one consumer might not be a high-fidelity train for an additional consumer.
However some actions typically meet the usual for most individuals. Right here’s a shortlist of high-fidelity workouts you may prioritize, and low-fidelity workouts you’ll need to program with better discretion.
These workouts can normally be executed comparatively reliably underneath fatigue with minimal suggestions.
- Goblet squats
- Pushup variations
- Dumbbell reverse lunge variations
- Dumbbell rows
- Weighted carries
Sometimes, you solely need to use these workouts with 1) individuals who you understand are extremely expert in performing them and self-monitor successfully, or 2) individuals that you simply’re working with in-person—as a way to present speedy suggestions as they practice.
- Kettlebell swings, snatches, and cleans
- Olympic lifts
- Overhead squats
3. Adjusting protocols is simpler than various workouts.
Let’s say you’ve chosen workouts your consumer can execute safely and accurately… with out suggestions… and whereas underneath stress and fatigue.
Now the place do they go from right here?
To enhance, you need to add simply sufficient novelty and problem in order that they’re breaking equilibrium and adapting to new stimuli. That’s, make them work slightly bit tougher however with out forcing them past the sting of their potential.
A method so as to add novelty is to range the motion sample by selecting a brand new train. As an example, shifting from a goblet squat to a barbell squat.
That is the default strategy for many individuals.
However keep in mind, the objective isn’t to do probably the most variations of an train; the objective is to get higher on the motion sample itself, in an effort to accrue the variations that come from coaching progress.
The best and environment friendly method to do this is to regulate the coaching protocol, not the motion. Particularly, you may regulate:
- Relaxation intervals
- Time durations
- Train mixtures
In reality, by manipulating these variables, the character and magnitude of the stress you may impose on the physique with a single train is almost limitless.
Consider all of the efficient coaching strategies from the previous few many years:
And numerous others.
What do all of them have in frequent? Most of them will be carried out with the identical dozen workouts.
Right here’s the factor: Progress isn’t actually in regards to the workouts you select. It’s about how far you may take these workouts, by strategic programming.
Learn how to Progress Workout routines
Right here at Precision Vitamin, we consider train development in two methods:
- Intra-exercise development: That is carried out by adjusting the best way you carry out a selected train, a.ka. the coaching protocol. For instance, including extra units and reps is a type of intra-exercise development.
- Inter-exercise development: That is once you range the train itself, by utilizing a dumbbell as a substitute of a barbell, or by holding the load in a special place (and so forth).
Let’s check out each in additional element.
You need to use intra-exercise development by adjusting these variables:
- High quality: Bettering train method (that is typically low-hanging fruit, and should at all times be thought of).
- Quantity: Rising the numbers of units and/or reps.
- Density: Rising the variety of reps carried out in a selected time-frame.
- Depth: Rising the load used for an train.
- Complexity: Incorporating constraints on price of perceived exertion, coronary heart price, or respiration (e.g. solely nose-breathing or utilizing a hard and fast variety of breaths throughout restoration intervals, equivalent to throughout a respiration ladder).
In case your protocol or program isn’t concentrating on a rise in considered one of these variables, you might be distracting your self from the issues that matter.
Solely after you’ve explored the boundaries of progress you may make from intra-exercise progressions is it sometimes needed and helpful to start out with inter-train progressions.
As an example, let’s say you’ve been engaged on squats.
You (or your consumer) began with a body weight squat and fairly rapidly mastered that sample, focusing initially on the standard of the motion.
You’re capable of squat deeply together with your heels firmly rooted to the bottom, with good positioning and motion at your ankles, knees, hips, and backbone.
To progress, you would add some density and quantity by rising your complete reps and doing them in much less time. However for the coaching variations you really need, you want some exterior load.
Based mostly on that, it’s time to modify to a loaded model of the train, equivalent to a goblet squat. That is an inter-exercise development.
With this alteration, you may regulate the quantity of weight you’re shifting, which provides one other intra-exercise variable you may progress over time.
Keep in mind, you’re following the identical elementary guidelines of standards: Your heels are rooted, lumbar backbone and pelvis are secure, hips are cell, knees, and ankles observe effectively. This stays with you for each development.
Preserve progressing with these ideas.
When you’ve switched the train you’re utilizing, you may return to specializing in intra-exercise development.
For instance, you may work as much as goblet squatting a 100-pound dumbbell for many reps (quantity development) in minimal time (density development). Then you would do a high-volume, high-density exercise whereas consciously controlling your respiration (complexity development).
From right here, you might need to add extra weight once more, however you’re restricted by the quantity you may maintain within the goblet place (otherwise you don’t have a heavier dumbbell). Consequently, it’s essential select a brand new train variation on this sample. So that you’re again to inter-exercise development.
On this case, you may select a barbell squat variation, like a entrance squat or again squat.
With these barbell lifts, your coaching depth will be elevated infinitely. Each exercise will be made more difficult by placing extra weight on the bar.
Most vital: You’re prepared for this since you’ve constructed a powerful basis to work from. That’s since you frolicked constructing resilience and work capability by pushing your limits on intra-exercise progressions.
This course of—going from a body weight squat to a goblet squat to a barbell squat—may take a number of months.
Some individuals won’t ever have to squat a barbell as a result of they’ll accomplish what they want with a dumbbell.
However for many who do progress to barbell squats? The chances are limitless. They will play with protocol variations that drive intra-exercise progress for the remainder of their life.
Determining the right way to do all of this requires a whole lot of individualization.
You’ll have to determine which progressions to deal with, in what sequence, and the right way to monitor them, together with figuring out what the precise targets are.
You should ask questions like:
- What variations are you making an attempt to induce?
- Are you working with an athlete with particular sport calls for? Somebody making an attempt to construct muscle? Lose fats? Acquire freedom from again ache? Get their physician to cease chastising them?
- What sort of gear does your consumer have entry to?
- What else is occurring of their life?
- How a lot time have they got to coach?
- What’s their motion background previous to working with you?
Each scenario would require a special strategy and a special layering of progressions and variations.
The development described above—from body weight to goblet to barbell again squat—entails simply three workouts, most likely over a protracted time period. But it permits for large progress. (We’re not suggesting a program would solely contain squatting workouts, by the best way.)
Our level: The artwork of programming exercises lies way more in how one can construct new ranges of power and capability inside a motion sample than what number of totally different workouts you may give you.
In fact, you may marvel then…
Why are we offering a video library of 400 workouts?
Just a few causes:
- Purchasers have totally different beginning factors, targets, skills, and preferences, which requires a full toolbox of motion choices
- It’s possible you’ll have to range workouts in distinctive methods in an effort to enhance the load (a feet-elevated pushup as a substitute of an everyday pushup)
- If a consumer will get injured or has a setback, you might have to modify or regress an train
- There could also be a change in obtainable coaching gear, like if a consumer switches gyms or begins coaching solely at house
However regardless of how you utilize this train library, we hope you discover it—and the accompanying info—to be a useful useful resource.
Get prompt entry to Precision Vitamin’s 400+ video train library
There are a pair methods to start out utilizing the library:
- Use the Google Sheet to view and obtain the library in a number of codecs.
- Make a copy of the Google sheet to your personal use (you will need to have a Google account and be signed in for this feature).
Obtain the 14-day at-home exercise program
Click on the PDF to download the workout program.
In case you’re a coach, otherwise you need to be…
You may assist individuals construct diet and way of life habits that enhance their bodily and psychological well being, bolster their immunity, assist them higher handle stress, and get sustainable outcomes. We’ll present you the way.
In case you’d prefer to study extra, take into account the PN Level 1 Nutrition Coaching Certification.